|Garr: I may not have the right to say this, but I want to know the truth.|
|This article is about information on unreleased content and may change or not be completely accurate.|
|Breath of Fire 6|
ブレス オブ ファイア６ 白竜の守護者たち
Buresu obu Faia 6 Hakuryuu no Shugosha-tachi
|Release date(s)||February 24, 2016 - Android, Windows (JP)|
July 12, 2016 - iOS (JP)
Breath of Fire 6 (ブレス オブ ファイア６ 白竜の守護者たち, Buresu obu Faia 6 Hakuryuu no Shugosha-tachi, or Breath of Fire 6: Guardians of the White Dragons, ?) is the sixth and latest installment in the Breath of Fire series. It was first announced in August 2013 during Capcom's Network Game Conference in Japan, where it was given a tentative release date in the region for the following year. The game was released in Japan on February 23, 2016 for Microsoft Windows computers and Android devices, with an iOS version released on July 12, 2016.
The story takes place 1,000 years after an apocalyptic battle that ended when a young man utilized the devastating "Power of the Dragon". The resulting fallout forced the world into a gradual desertification. Over the years, the people of the world have created new communities, paving the way for a peaceful new era. However, behind the scenes, the powerful Insidia Empire covertly disrupted that peace, overtaking the world slowly and dominating smaller countries, one by one.
One of the lands that fell under the Empire's strength was Dragnier, which is home to the Hero. The Insidia Empire attacked the village, destroying all in their path. Peridot, who just happened to come by the ruins, found the Hero in trouble and saves them.
Talk of the "Power of the Dragon" and the "Song of the Dragon" have been mentioned but not much is known about it. It seems it will take a large role in the plot of Breath of Fire 6.
Breath of Fire 6 will feature gameplay that has not been shown previously to the series and will also implement new elements.
Combat will have a heavy focus on AI controlled Fellows and a combo system. Fellows and the player will each have their own skills which will help the player form timed combos. Combos will work by using skills and combining spells that a character can use. Spells such the Flare line from previous games will be returning. A combo will work like: Flare + Fireblast = Fire Elemental Chain Combo.
A customizable character will be controlled by the player, this character's name is Hero. The Hero's appearance, gender, skills, and stat growth will all be player controlled. The Hero is also said to have the "Power of the Dragon" which will allow the Hero to use Dragon Transformations.
One of the online features that Breath of Fire 6 boasts is the ability to build a village. The village that the player will build is Dragnier. Players will be able to build up their village as the game progresses which revolves around a community. The player will be able to also visit other players Dragnier and help out. The community that will develop in the village will be able to help the Hero in some way.
The game will feature over 600 pieces of armour and weapons including the GooKing Sword.
More than 350 characters, including some important ones like Nina, will be able to become Fellows to the Hero. The player will be able to change the jobs and skills of their Fellows, who will become residents of Dragnier's Community.
Few characters have been announced thus far. The few that have been include:
- Hero - the main character, they hold the Power of the Dragon within them.
- Gilliam - A hardened warrior who protects the Earlydawn Forest, he is extremely loyal and will risk his life for his companions.
- Nina - A traveller who is related to the Wing Clan, a race of people who were once able to transform into Great Birds, she left her home of Wyndia after it was taken over.
- Amelia - A intellectual woman who is quite friendly and relaxed, she has the ability to use magic.
- Klaus - One of the highest ranked officers of the Insidia Empire's military force, he was involved with the attack on Dragnier.
- Jubei - A older wise man who seeks out to help the Hero on their journey.
- Elise - The staff officer of the Insidia Empire, she works along side of Klaus.
- Dragnier - A small village near the Granz Kingdom, it was destroyed by the Insidia Empire.
- Insidia Empire - A powerful Empire who hold the might of the Black Dragons, they have been quickly taking over the land by force. They are at war with the Granz Kingdom.
- Granz Kingdom - A Kingdom at war with the Insidia Empire, they hold on to the beliefs of the Dragon Tradition.
- Earlydawn Forest - A paradise spared from the desertification of the world, it has many mysteries and secrets hiding within it.
- Wyndia - A place where members of the Wing Clan once lived, it was recently overthrown.
- Breath of Fire 6: The Inherited Force, a webcomic prequel to the main game.
- Breath of Fire 6: Botanical Chronicle, a manga side-story.