|Nina: With everyone helping me like this... I'll be finished in no time!|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Kaiser is a recurring dragon form in the Breath of Fire series.
Often the most powerful dragon transformation, the Kaiser is usually portrayed as a large horned dragon capable of attacking all enemies with its breath weapon for massive non-elemental damage. He is usually only outpowered by the special Dragon form known as Infinity .
Breath of FireEditGust. Rudra is the reward for passing all of the Dragon Trials and is considered Ryu's ultimate normal Dragon form, that is only surpassed by Agni (Infinity).
- His Kaiser Breath takes the form of a shower of mini-fire birds/dragons swarming the field and slamming into the enemies.
- Rudra costs 50 AP to transform, has an attack score of 400, raises Ryu's defense by 140%, and his attack does 320 non-elemental damage. This can be doubled if Ryu performs a critical hit or uses a Mrbl1.
Breath of Fire IIEdit
- Main article: G.Drgn
- G.Drgn has a base damage of 999 and will inflict the maximum amount of damage when used with a full set of AP. It is one of the most powerful spells in the game. This version of Kaiser's design is also the version used in later BoF games.
- His Dragon Breath attack is similar to the original, with a meteor shower of fireballs attacking the battle field.
Breath of Fire IIIEdit
- Main article: Kaiser (Breath of Fire III)
The properly named Kaiser is gained through the Infinity Gene which is given to Ryu when he proves himself to Jono to be the destined child. Ryu must face Jono in battle without the aid of his own dragon powers. The Infinity Gene is said to grant the user the full power of the Brood.
Kaiser is created by any combination of Dragon Genes that includes the Infinity Gene, but acts completely out of the player's control unless it is combined with either the Failure Gene (producing a weaker but controllable Kaiser)
or the Radiance Gene and Trance Genes (producing a more powerful and controllable Kaiser); in this version, Ryu's form does not change much, his hair simply becomes a golden color, but his abilities increase, and he is able to summon a giant dragon that strongly resembles the Kaiser from BoF2 when he uses a breath attack.It requires a minimum of 40 AP to transform, unless its combined with other Genes.
- Attacks: KaiserBreath, Howling, Bonebreak, all abilities known by Ryu.
- Kaiser is Berserk unless either Failure or Radiance + Trance genes are used, another strategy is to use the skill Command to target a specific enemy as Berserked and confused characters are still susceptible to it.
- His Breath attack takes the form of a nuclear blast.
Breath of Fire IVEdit
- Main article: Kaiser (Breath of Fire IV)
As in the previous game, the Kaiser remains berserk and uncontrollable until you have acquired all of the Dragon Evocations by speaking to the Dragons. Without them, Kaiser will stay berserk in battle and only do a regular attack or Kaiserbreath attacks.
Kaiser is the Germanic word for Emperor, which originates from the Latin pronouncation of Julius Caesar's name. The title was used prominently throughout the Germanic regions of Europe, including the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Rudra, the ability's name in the first Breath of Fire, is the name of a vedic storm god. It described as a fearsome deity, and it's name literally translates to "the great roar." Scholars consider Rudra to be an early incarnation of the deity that would become Shiva in later Hindu religion.
- The circumstances of Ryu obtaining his dragon forms is parallel in some entries. In both the original Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire III, Ryu obtains the power of Kaiser by completing a Dragon Trial by combat to prove he is worthy of the full power of the Brood. In Breath of Fire II and Breath of Fire IV, Ryu summons it in a moment of emotional stress during a losing battle with a powerful enemy.
- Though not referred to as Kaiser, Odjn from Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter bears a striking resemblance to the Kaiser used in Breath of Fire IV.
|Ryu · Nina · Bo · Karn · Gobi · Ox · Bleu · Mogu|
|King of Winlan · Princess of Tunlan · Tyr · Wizard of Karma · Zog · Jade · Cort · Mote · Cerl · Goda · Alan · Sara|
|Avian · Bain · Cerl · Cloud · EyeSpy · EyeSpy · Frog · G.Fly · General · Gremlin · Grimfowl · Jade · Knight · Morte · Mortea · Mote · Mothro · Myst · Octo · Pincher · Pog · SandWorm · Sara · SlimeX · Squid · Wisp · Wizard of Karma · Zog|
|Agua · Arad · Aura Cave · Auria · Bleak · Camlon · Carmen · Cort's Lab · Dark Dragon Port · Dark Tower · Drogen · Gant · Gramor · Gust · Karma · Krypt · Lament Woods · Nabal · Nanai · Obelisk · Prima · Romero · Scande · South Castle · Spring · Tantar · Tunlan · Tuntar · Winlan · Wisdon · Dreamland|
|Brood · Dirt-Eating Clan] · Endless · Iron Ogre Clan · Human · Manillo · People of Tunlan · Sand Clan · Wing Clan · Wolba|
|Abilities · Weapons · Items|
|Ryu · Nina · Ershin · Cray · Scias · Ursula · Fou-Lu|
|Rwolf · Stoll · Una · Njomo · Momo · Abbess · Marlok · Kryrik · Gyosil · Lyta · Kahn · Bunyan|
|Mami · Beyd · Rasso · Yohm · Yuna · Rei · Teepo|
|Kham · Joh · Skulfish|
|Ahm Fen · Aqueduct · Astana · Castle · Causeway · Chamba · Chedo · Checkpoint · Chek · Chiqua · Dam · En Jhou · Fane · Hideout · Ice peak · Kasq Woods · Koshka · Kurok · Kwanso · Kyoin · Kyria · Ludia · Lyp · Mount Giga · Mount Glom · Mount Ryft · Mount Yogy · Mukto · North Chamba · Pabpab · Pauk · Plains · Pung'tap · Saldine · Sanctum · Sarai · Shan River · Shikk · Shrine · Shyde · Sinchon · Soma · Sonne · Synesta · Tomb · Valley · Wharf · Woods · Worent · Wychwood · Wyndia|
|Human · Endless · Grassrunner · Pabpab · Woren|
|Abilities · Accessories · Armor · Enemies · Items · Weapons|
|Behemoth (Mammoth) · Dragon (Trygon) · Kaiser · Mutant · Warrior (Myrmidion/Knight) · Whelp|
|Breath of Fire|
|Snow Drake · Flame Drake · Thunder Drake · Ice Dragon · Bolt Dragon · Fire Dragon · Gold Dragon · Rudra · Agni|
|Breath of Fire II|
|Fire Puppy · Ice Puppy · Thunder Puppy · Fire Dragon · Ice Dragon · Thunder Dragon · G.Dragon|
|Breath of Fire III|
|Tiamat · Wildfire|
|Breath of Fire IV|
|Astral · Aura · Serpent (Peist) · Tyrant · Wyvern (Weyr)|
|Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter|