The Wing Clan, alternately referred to as Sylpheeds in Breath of Fire II and the Fae Tribe in Breath of Fire IV, are one of the main races in the Breath of Fire series, making prominent appearances in every game except for Dragon Quarter. They are depicted as human figures with feathered, birdlike wings.
The Wing Clan's hometown and capital is Wyndia. Although the city is constantly changing but always keeps a central design; houses, shops and often windmills around the lower sections and a large keep or castle at the upper central section.
The Wyndian people, to begin with, had the ability to turn into giant birds pretty much at will and every Wyndian had wings with which they could fly. As time passed however this ability became more select and eventually disappeared altogether, the only Wyndians able to transform having to perform a special ritual and permanently becoming a semi-intelligent lesser form of the giant bird, and in time even this power was lost. Similarly with the wings, slowly the wings of these people grew smaller and less able, eventually losing the ability to fly and glide altogether, becoming more decorative and butterfly-like in appearance and design. It is theorized that the Fae eventually lost their wings altogether but no proof of this has ever been given. In Breath of Fire II it is revealed that the one to be blamed for this was Nina from the original Breath of Fire, as she fell in love for a man from another tribe and weakened the powers of this tribe.
- In Breath of Fire IV all Wyndians have wings and seem to be able to fly to some extent, this is one piece of evidence that indicates the fourth game is a prequel to the original Breath of Fire.
- In each of its appearances, Wyndia is depicted as a prosperous technology advanced society with a developed military. This, combined with the fact that the city has remained a constant presence thousands of years, seem to suggest that the Wing Clan are one of the central political powers throughout the Breath of Fire series's timeline.
- Mina (Breath of Fire II)
- King Kenny (Breath of Fire II)
- Queen Hina (Breath of Fire II)
- King of Wyndia (Breath of Fire III)
- Elina (Breath of Fire IV)
- King of Wyndia (Breath of Fire IV)